NHS Employers Health and Care workforce strategy response now released:-
HEE Consultation on shaping the future – a draft health and care workforce strategy to 2027
HEE has published Facing the facts, shaping the future, a draft health and care workforce strategy for England to 2027. A consultation on the draft strategy will run until Friday 23 March 2018.
The six key principles proposed for future NHS workforce decisions are:
- Securing the supply of staff that are needed to deliver high quality care
- Training, educating and investing in the workforce
- Providing career pathways for all staff rather than just jobs
- Ensuring that people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to contribute to, and benefit from, healthcare
- Ensuring that the entire NHS is a modern model employer with flexible working patterns, career structures, and reward mechanisms
- Ensuring that in the future service, financial and workforce planning are intertwined.
The full strategy can be found here www.hee.nhs.uk/Facing the Facts & Shaping the Future.pdf