CareersSASH is responsible for ensuring that the provision of careers support for all trainees is of an adequate standard. We also see it as our responsibility to ensure that you feel well supported emotionally and mentally. Career & Welfare Support Home
Careers Lead – Dr Simon Parrington
Dr Parrington is a Consultant Anaesthetist and the Trust’s appointed Careers lead. He acts as the point of liaison between support provided by the educational supervisors and HEE KSS based careers support
His responsibilities include:
- Adhering to the UKFPO’s approach to career management and resources available as described in the UK Foundation Programme Reference Guide
- Organisation and provision of various careers workshops for both F1 and F2 trainees
- Provision of individual career interview with each Foundation trainee during the course of the academic year.
- Facilitation of ‘Tasters’ for both F1 and F2 trainees, to be planned from August-December of each year
- Working with the Undergraduate Tutors to provide careers support for Medical Students if required.
- Identifying trainees who may need more intensive careers support from the HEKSS Careers Support team
Working with Health Education England across Kent, Surrey and Sussex he is able to source quality support to ensure all foundation and specialty doctors in training within HEE KSS have access to excellent careers advice.
Health Education England has a dedicated Careers website
Taking Time out of Training
For further guidance regarding returning to Practice
Professional Support Unit
The Professional Support Unit (PSU) provides a shared service of expert resources to support the professional development of clinicians in London and Kent, Surrey and Sussex (KSS) and access is via self-referral.
They can offer you a wide range of advice and help and their website can be accessed below.
They offer Up to 4 x FREE confidential Careers Advice and Guidance appointments covering areas such as post foundation/core training options and factors affecting career choice and progression
Workshops and webinars – including career planning, speciality recruitment, preparing for consultant selection.
Education Campus Reception
SASH Education Campus
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust Trust Headquarters
East Surrey Hospital
Please use the form below to contact the medical education reception team.