Common reasons for claim rejection
- Study leave not approved by PGME team
- Claim is >90-days old
- “Incurred date” of course fee expense item does not match course date
- There is no certificate / evidence of attendance
- You do not have business cover included in insurance when claiming mileage
- Your “From” is listed as “home” instead of “base” when using Study Leave Medical Mileage category
- You have not actioned previous rejection comments
- TRAINING is missing from your claim title (eg “Claim for Aug 2019 – TRAINING”)
- Receipts do not show all of the following:
- Amount paid
- Payee name
- Necessary dates (eg date of travel/accommodation/course)
GPSTs in a GP placement
Please ensure you claim mileage monthly, laid out in the correct format.
You must create and print a copy of your claim, get your Practice Manager to sign and date it as evidence of your attendance, and then upload a scanned copy to your claim. Your organisation number is 326.
GPs can claim home–practice mileage (up to 20-miles each day) on days where you also:
- Go on home visits
- Travel to another NHS location for work (ie if your practice has multiple locations)
- Do out of hours work
- Go on training
F2/GPSTs in Psychiatry placement
You must create and print a copy of your claim, get your Consultant supervisor to sign and date it as evidence of your attendance, and then upload a scanned copy to your claim. Your organisation number is 326.
You can claim mileage on days where you:
- Are on call (home–patient mileage, up to 40-miles per journey)
- Travel onwards as part of work (mileage from your centre to destination, eg patient/course/meeting)
Education Campus Reception
SASH Education Campus
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust Trust Headquarters
East Surrey Hospital
Please use the form below to contact the medical education reception team.