From 01 April 2018, HEE centralised Doctors in training study leave budget and process.
Study leave course lists have been constructed by each Head of Speciality Schools/Training Programme Directors with oversight and approval of the Post Graduate Deans. You are able to claim for all the mandated and optional courses that are listed against your specialty, with no upper limit on the amount of budget to fund these.
- November 2019: Study Leave process update for GP trainees
- September 2019: An overview of the HEE-wide approach
- August 2019: HEE changes to international study leave
- April 2018: Watch a short animation/guide on study budgets
- April 2018: Read the HEE letter to doctors in training, regarding changes
- April 2018: Read the HEE study leave process of applying and what is covered
- April 2018: Read the HEE study leave recommendations
You should review the HEE course list when discussing leave with your ES and agree the relevant course code. Before leave for optional courses is agreed, you need to evidence to your ES that you have completed the mandatory training first.
You can view the list of course codes by visiting the LASE PGMDE Support Portal, and clicking through to your specialty page.
All courses need to ideally take place in the KSS region, or evidenced as to why it cannot.
If you are struggling to get study leave agreed, please contact Tina Suttle-Smith (Strategic Medical Education Manager) on [email protected]
Online Learning Feedback
Education Campus Reception
SASH Education Campus
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust Trust Headquarters
East Surrey Hospital
Please use the form below to contact the medical education reception team.