The study leave approval process is a separate process to the reimbursement process.
How to get study leave approval:
- You must discuss your request with and get approval from the appropriate individuals (see below)
- Submit a fully signed approval form to the study leave team, even on non-working days
- Must be given >8-weeks in advance of leave
- Hand this in at PGEC reception, send via internal post, or email the team
- If your form is incomplete it will be returned unapproved
- The study leave team will review your form and record your request
- Once approved, you will receive a scanned copy back for your records, which will detail your remaining budget
Once you have attended the course, you can apply for reimbursement via EOL – noting all claims must be submitted within 90-days.
Doctors in Training
Your form must be signed by both your Educational Supervisor and your rota-coordinator.
You must also confirm whether the course is mandatory, optional or aspirational and provide the course code where relevant. If it is aspirational you must apply for an aspirational course code.
Consultants and Associate Specialists
Your form must be signed by your Clinical Lead.
Non-Training Grade Doctors
Your form must be signed by both your Lead Clinician and your rota-coordinator.
Online Learning Feedback
Education Campus Reception
SASH Education Campus
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust Trust Headquarters
East Surrey Hospital
Please use the form below to contact the medical education reception team.