The study leave approval process is a separate process to the reimbursement process.
How to get study leave approval:
- You must discuss your request with and get approval from the appropriate individuals (see below)
- Submit a fully signed approval form to the study leave team, even on non-working days
- Must be given >8-weeks in advance of leave
- Hand this in at PGEC reception, send via internal post, or email the team
- If your form is incomplete it will be returned unapproved
- The study leave team will review your form and record your request
- Once approved, you will receive a scanned copy back for your records, which will detail your remaining budget
Once you have attended the course, you can apply for reimbursement via EOL – noting all claims must be submitted within 90-days.
Doctors in Training
Your form must be signed by both your Educational Supervisor and your rota-coordinator.
Consultants and Associate Specialists
Your form must be signed by your Clinical Lead.
Non-Training Grade Doctors
Your form must be signed by both your Lead Clinician and your rota-coordinator.
Education Campus Reception
SASH Education Campus
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust Trust Headquarters
East Surrey Hospital
Please use the form below to contact the medical education reception team.